I started playing softball when I was 7 yrs old. I was really small and short like my sister, except a couple years younger. I wasn't really that fast at running or pitching, even though I was "amazing" at that age. I started off playing with an 8u team called The Krushers. Then when I was 9, I started playing with a travel team called The Gainesville Gold; I've been with that organization ever since. Now I'm playing 16u and we're already getting looked at by college coaches!! When I first started playing, I always hit last. I was always the 9th batter. That's changed as the years went by. I wasn't really a strong batter because of my size. I've obviously gotten stronger and just older at the game. I always wanted to hit homeruns. I had the capability of doing so, but it never happened for me and I would practice really hard. Now, I'm the 2nd powerful hitter on the team. :) Ive hit a total of about 5 homeruns my whole career. Its really not that much at all, considering how long I've been playing....but oh well. I remember when I hit my first homerun. My team had made it to ASA 14u Fast Nationals in Midland, Texas and we played about a game a day. We were a really young 14u team playing a bunch of second year 14u teams who were about a year older than us. We played really hard the whole tournament, but didn't win a game :(. It was the last game we played that I hit my home run. We were losing, 7-2. Which is a huge ass-wooping in softball. Anyway, I always had the "fastest" hands on the team and loved faster pitching and the pitcher we were facing threw about 60 mph. I had 2 strikes and 2 balls on me and was pretty scared of not pulling through for my team; because we had two outs and a runner on 2nd. She threw me the pitch and I reacted. The ball came off my bat so fast, I didnt even see it go. I felt the power of my hands swinging through, and I started to run to 1st. As I was rounding 1st base, I heard Coach Kevin's voice say to me, "Congrats Seader, you just smashed the ball over the fence." I was so happy. I smiled the whole time, "slowly jogging" around the bases. I rounded 3rd, heading toward home plate, with my team jumping up and down and screaming "HELL YEAH!"
We lost the game. The final score was 7-4 and I have to admit, I cried. :( I was so sad to leave the tournament, but I'll always smile when I think about my first homerun.
We lost the game. The final score was 7-4 and I have to admit, I cried. :( I was so sad to leave the tournament, but I'll always smile when I think about my first homerun.


2 comments:
I don't know much about softball or baseball other than one person throws a ball and another hits and another catches, but I do know about homeruns too. That must of been a really amazing experience when you hit your homerun. It'll be very exciting for me, too, whenever I score my first touchdown. But anyways, congratulations!
It must be a exciting experience to get a home run. they are the most exciting part of watching a baseball game
Post a Comment