When I was about 11 or 12 yrs. old, I started listening to this new dude Chris Brown. He was probably about 16 when I really started listening to him and, I really liked him. My first thoughts were that he was young, close to my age, and could sing really good. Then, once I started watching his music videos I was like, dang he can dance too! At one point, he was almost all I listened too. Ever since then he's been my favorite male singer and I probably would've died if I got the chance to meet him, or see him, or be in the same state as him. Turned out that I got to see him in concert, 50 feet away, not too long ago. It was about 2 weeks ago when my mom told me that her and I were going down to Orlando to go spend the night wit my friend Taylor and her mom. It was Ms. Cindy's birthday (Taylor's mom) and we were going to an "Irish" Pub in Downtown Orlando for dinner. I was pretty excited because the last time I had went to Downtown Disney was a long time ago; I was probably 9. And it's not all "kid" stuff there. There's THE HOUSE OF BLUES, City Walk, Planet Hollywood, and lots of resturaunts. So, I expected that we were just having dinner and walking around.........
December 1, 2009 about 7:30 p.m: Ms. Cindy, Taylor, my mother, and I were walking up to Downtown Disney. She told me as we were pulling in to park though, that we had to park on the side where HOUSE OF BLUES was because there was no more parking spots by the "Irish" Pub...so, we had to walk. As we were walking up to the entrance, I was completely mesmerized by the lights of the signs, screaming PLANET HOLLYWOOD and CANDYLAND. I could smell some amazing-spelling food too. Maybe, some Italian? ;D hehe. Anyway, we got about 5 minutes into the mini-city and we saw this "random", GIGANTIC line of people in front of us. Ms. Cindy said to Taylor, "Taylor, I wonder what's going on tonight....." And, of course, I was wondering the same thing! So, Taylor said that she would go ask one of the guys wearing blue; she told me to go with her. We got to the man, waving people to "go in", and Taylor asked him, "Excuse me, what's this line for?" "Uh the Chris Brown concert," he said. Holy Crap. I looked at him and said, come again? Taylor was smiling at this point and I was like NO YOU DIDN'T TAYLOR, OMGGGG. She looked at me and was like, yeah too bad I have tickets. I was really happy and excited. Her mom walked up and said Merry Christmas. I felt so bad because I didn't know how much money they spent to get those tickets, but it was a great early Christmas present!! Well, about 5 minutes later we ran to the back of the line, probably half a mile back! It went by pretty fast because they were letting huge groups of people in at one time. As soon as we got in there, my face was lit up. There were so many people (mainly teenage girls) surrounding everywhere. At first, we couldn't see the stage at all! But, then once New Boyz got on stage, we pushed our way through people. I'm not going to lie; it smelled. It was hot and people were sweating and all the body heat, pushing up against people, being squished was rediculous. Once the concert got going though, we weren't really worrying about that...
Aside of the smelly underarms and being squished between two fat women, I won't forget it. I got to see one of my favorite artists sing and dance right infront of me. And sharing that experience with one of my best friends was really awesome too. =) AND also seeing New Boyz perform, because they were Chris' opening act, was greeeeeeeat!
<\3


0 comments:
Post a Comment